The following article promises to help readers set up the Canon Pixma MX490 wireless printer on Windows and Mac. Let’s start with the unique features that this printer model has to offer.
- Check to see if the printer is powered on, as indicated by a lit power lamp (A).
- By pressing the setup button, you can configure your Canon Pixma MX490 printer (B).
- Then, using the side arrows, select the “Wireless LAN” configuration and press “OK.”
- At this point, the printer will start looking for wireless routers that are compatible with it.
To install the Canon MX490 Wireless Printer on Windows, follow the steps below:
- Make sure the printer, router, and Windows PC are all powered on.
- Connect your Canon Pixma MX490 printer to the wireless router, as previously stated.
- Go to the Canon website and download the printer driver for Windows: http /ij.start.canon mx490.
- Select your printer model from the drop-down menu and press the “Download” button.
- When the download is finished, choose the driver package option to start the installation. Then, to finish the setup process, carefully follow the onscreen instructions.
- Press the “Start” button on your Windows PC to access the Control Panel.
- Then, on the following screen, select “Devices and Printers” from the window that appears.
- Now, in the upper left corner, select “Add printer,” and the user will see a list of installed printers. After selecting your printer, wait a few moments.
- Finally, your Canon printer will display a Green check mark and be ready for use.
Here’s how to wirelessly configure your Canon Pixma MX490 Printer for Mac:
- To begin, connect the printer and the system to the same network by turning on both the printer and the WI-Fi router.
- Connect your printer to a WiFi network by following the steps in the first section of this article.
- Go to the Canon website and download the most recent printer driver (http /ij.start.canon mx490). To complete the driver download process, follow the on-screen instructions.
- From the Apple menu, select “System Preferences.”
- Select “Printers and Scanners” in the new window.
- To add your printer, click the + icon in the following window.
- From the drop-down menu, select your printer.
- Congratulations, your Canon Pixma 490 printer is now connected to your Mac system.
I hope you found this article helpful as you set up your Canon Pixma MX490 printer.